Tuesday, December 15, 2015

So You've Enrolled in ACA, Obamacare, or HealthCare.gov (all the same thing). Now what?



Congratulations for enrolling into the HealthCare.gov site. This year instead of being on the line (and online) walking people through the process I directed my clients (and prospective clients) to the link and had them spend the hour or more required to enroll. If they had questions I directed them to a "navigator" who gets paid to help them (and does this all the time so they can get through the "ins and outs" faster than me).

NOTE: There are many reasons that you may have a "special enrollment period" during the year, so if you think you are eligible ask me and I can help you.

So now what, you're all set right? You are completely taken care of right? Sorry, if you were expecting a big, affirmative yes. My answer is a big NO! Sorry, I'm not yelling but I did want to get your attention.

I'm not going to give you the exact statistics here, I could but I'm not going to check LIMRA just now. But I will tell you that most people do not have insurance, enough insurance or the right insurance. Most people now get health insurance because it's the law and they have to pay a penalty if they do not.

Well, I'm not going to beat you with a stick if you don't buy insurance but I will tell you that you are most likely under insured. Just having Obamacare simply makes sure that the hospitals and doctors are paid but who pays you? We do. Or better said, the companies and their products that I represent cover you.

For instance when you have a situation and you need to go to the doctor, the doctor gets paid but how are you going to pay those deductibles? And when you pay the deductible, you have less money to pay for your lights, gas and groceries.

Well here's one way to help you. It's free and you don't have to be a client of mine to have it and use it at your next visit to the pharmacy. Just copy and paste the image into a word document, print it (on harder index paper if you'd like) and simply present it to the pharmacist to get up to 90% off your purchase. BAM! You're welcome. (Print as many as you like and give them to friends and family). Yes, it's good in all 50 states. Walmart and Walgreens take the card; CLICK HERE to find out what other places honor the card.


As an insurance agent, it doesn't matter where you live in the USA, I can (and will) answer your insurance questions and/or lead you to someone who can! I am licensed and work mostly in MN/WI and will soon be licensed in other states as I need per client requests. I also offer other types of protection and investment type products that will assist you in living better and leaving a legacy. Inquire about all at my site: www.terscott.com/insuranceresponse.

No comments:

Post a Comment